Cold Brewed Coffee
I have come to drink cold brewed coffee almost exclusively – even in the winter. It is so mellow and refreshing that I simply find it difficult to drink it any other way. But now that it is summertime it is even more satisfying than ever.
Don’t want hot coffee when it is hot outside and in a hurry in the morning. Premade and Barista made cold coffee drinks are expensive.
Homemade Cold Brewed Coffee
Homemade cold brewed coffee is easy to make and can be turned into a variety of drinks:
- Whether you grind your own or use pre-ground coffee beans cold brewed coffee is easy to make. Simply add your ground beans to the cold brewing system of your choice, add filtered water, and wait 1 to 3 days for a rich, hearty, and mellow brew (except for the “instant” cold brew machine shown below).
- I keep a couple of plastic beverage containers of cold brewed coffee in my fridge while the new batch is steeping in the fridge so I won’t run out while waiting.
- I filter my own water using the Brita pitcher and filtration system – which works great even on my hard well water to make a pristine tasty water.
- The finished coffee is mellow enough to drink black or to mix over ice with milk, soy milk, almond milk, etc. and/or flavored syrups like the Torani French Vanilla Syrup I crave.
- NOTE: If you purchase a syrup without a pump do yourself a favor and order a pump to go with it as it is much easier to measure and dispense. It is worth the extra expense.
If you have questions please reply to this post below and Chef David will reply so others can learn too. Or, contact Chef David.
Gadgets & Stuff
Here are some of the essentials to becoming your own home barista and saving money in the process.
– Bon Appetit from Chef David !
Try Some of the Products Below to Get Started
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)