Rice is the most consumed food on earth. Billions of people survive largely on rice diets. There are many kinds of rice including:
- Arborio Rice – used for Risotto in Italian cuisine
- Black Rice – high in anti-oxidants
- Converted Rice – parboiled rice used for quick cooking applications
- Basmati Rice – used extensively in Indian cuisine
- Brown Rice – favored by health food aficionados
- Jasmine Rice – a delicate long grained rice used in Asian cuisine
- Long Grain Rice – a more delicate less starchy rice
- Red Rice – a fairly glutinous rice with a nutty flavor
- Short Grained Rice – a good all-purpose cost effective rice
- Sticky Rice – very short grained used extensively in desserts
- Sushi Rice – used for making the vinegary rice known as Sushi
- Wild Rice – technically not rice but from wetland grass often used as a rice blend ingredient
Cooking Rice easily and efficiently to the perfect doneness.
Rice Cookers. Authentic Sushi rice is very finnicky and I won’t go into that here but for non-purists the rice cookers I’ll showcase here will work for almost any rice except for things like Paella and Jambalaya where cooking the ingredients in the rice in a specific way are what make the dishes unique.
Buy a rice cooker and some rice and follow the suggested cooking instructions that come with the cookers.
If you have questions please reply to this post below and Chef David will reply so others can learn too. Or, contact Chef David.
Here are some rice cookers that might work well for you. I’m not a purist and somewhat lazy so I use a microwave rice cooker (the one shown) and am perfectly happy with the results. I’ve also included some great rice options to get you started right away!
– Bon Appetit from Chef David !
Select your new rice cooker below to get started now!
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)